Failure to follow these instructions may result in the window opening control devices (WOCDs) being ineffective in controlling the window opening.
A copy of the safety information shall be provided to the owner of the building in which the window opening control device (WOCD) is installed and to the occupant in the dwelling where the opening control device is installed (or is to be installed).
NOTE: This instruction is for Elevate Double Hung (ELDH) and Elevate Double Hung Insert (ELDHIN). When installed and used as directed, the Window Opening Control Device meets the requirements of ASTM F2090-17.
Building and fire codes shall be consulted before installing WOCDs. Contact local building code department or fire department for specific applicable codes and install in accordance.
Follow manufacturer’s assembly and installation instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in accidental window falls.
Possible Fall Hazard
- Young children may fall out of the window if the window opening control device (WOCD) is not installed correctly.
- Install the device so that a rigid 4.0-in. (102mm) diameter sphere does not pass through any space at the lowest opening portion in the window opening after the WOCD is in place.
- Young children may fall out of the window if all installation instructions are not followed.
- Use recommended materials and techniques.
- Make sure that the WOCD is securely installed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure that the window frame is in good condition.
NOTE: Once installation of unit is complete, check WOCD for proper operation. When the sash is closed and locked, the WOCD should automatically engage.