We are currently seeking an experienced Plant Manager to join our team in Warroad, Minnesota.
The plant manager provides direction and guidance for the plant operations while guiding and leading the development and deployment of annual business plans and budgets. The plant manager will play a crucial role in defining metrics related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Production.
• Closely monitor the metric performance of the work cells and implement initiative that will increase performance.
• Define metrics related to Safety, Quality, Delivery and Production and ensure that they are successfully being met.
• Improve processes to support Safety improvements, preventive quality, customer delivery service, and reduce costs by utilizing knowledge of engineered manufacturing processes. Lead the cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives for the plant. Participate on management, improvement, and project teams.
• Ensure a culture which values people's contribution to success is continually supported and enhanced through leadership example. Direct all aspects of Plant communications to insure employees understand their respective role in attaining the business goals. Communicate the annual plan, changes to the plan, and progress to objectives in a timely and consistent manner.
• Maintain or develop progress reports to objectives and key metrics to Company executives in a timely, accurate, and effective fashion.
• Organize or chair appropriate project and improvement steering teams. Ensure customer requests and issues are resolved swiftly and fairly.
• Work closely with the Operations System Team to ensure work cell tools, structure, training, and metrics are meeting the cell’s needs.
• Business Acumen: Understands the organization and its business model; helps others understand how the organization operates; its internal dynamics, policies, and procedures. Raises issues and makes recommendations considering implications and consequences for the business. Has financial acumen; uses key financial information to measure and analyze the team’s performance and contribution.
• Drive for Results: Demonstrates strong personal drive to accomplish goals. Conveys a passion to achieve results that exceed expectations. Is motivated by challenges and determined in the face of setbacks. Fully values managerial work. Shows initiative and persistence. Is energetic and self- directed. Finishes tasks and projects with marked success and high quality. Maintains a focus on what makes a difference to customers; and the success and performance of the team and the organization.
• Building Collaboration: Develops good relationships and models the importance of working together in a joint effort. Breaks down silos and effectively integrates and manages the interface between groups. Encourages and expects employees at all levels to work together effectively across functions, disciplines, and/or other groups. Skilled at resolving conflict.
• Planning and Organizing: Establishes clear goals, priorities, and action plans to achieve business outcomes. Anticipates and plans proactively. Maintains a short and long term-view. Ties activities to business goals. Effectively deploys and reallocates resources to ensure that others have the tools they need to move succeed.
• Resilience: Understands his/her strengths and vulnerabilities, and demonstrates healthy self- acceptance, and confidence. Confidently adapts and adjusts to changes and challenges; maintains a positive outlook. Works constructively under pressure and maintains a sense of realistic optimism. Recovers quickly from setbacks or disappointments.
• Leading Courageously: Is strong-willed, resolute, and appropriately tough minded. Displays courage and a willingness to take a stand. Advocates and defends his/her ideas and positions effectively. Comfortable with managerial authority and responsibility. Influences and negotiates successfully across organizational boundaries. Skilled at influencing at all levels of the organization.
• Developing Leaders: Acquires and retains the talent needed to implement team and business objectives. Is committed to the training and development of managers: helps staff members reach their potential. Provides stretch assignments, coaching and feedback to reports to enhance their personal and leadership effectiveness. Holds reports accountable for managerial work and gaining success through others.
• Creating Alignment: Implements change that improves integration and interaction between teams and units in support of the organization's priorities, plans, and goals. Communicates, builds commitment to, and aligns people behind the direction of the business and the organization. Establishes clear line of sight between individual roles and organizational objectives. Manages change effectively.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• 10+ years of increasing management responsibility.
• Production Management experience preferred.
• SME, APICS, CQE, Black Belt Certifications desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of Process Engineering and Quality Assurance.