We are looking for an individual who will guide and inspire teams into uncovering meaningful human-centered insights that drive great design and innovation.
You’ll travel to explore diverse human behaviors and lifestyles. You will work with multidisciplinary teams and use research findings to inform and inspire strategic decisions and design solutions. You’ll translate research insights into powerful stories that shift hearts and minds.
Why join Marvin Design Lab?
Functioning as a small start-up studio within Marvin, we are here to:
● Design new-to-the-world products, services and experiences that promote helping people live better and experience Marvin in new ways.
● Fuel Marvin’s growth pipeline by constantly looking out into the world in search for what’s next in order to stay ahead and create market that doesn’t yet exist.
● Inspire a human-centered approach and lead a cultural evolution of creativity, curiosity, collaboration, experimentation and innovation at Marvin.
As part of a small studio that is still growing, this person must demonstrate a collaborative working style, great communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a non-rules-based environment of creativity and innovation while able to collaborate closely with different business functions of greater Marvin to get our design out in the world.
Once here you will:
● Design and plan creative research, including recruit plan, screeners, field guides, research activities, etc.
● Execute the research, including leading teams in the field
● Lead synthesis and think about systems-level patterns and frameworks
● Communicate and tell stories using writing, visuals, and verbal communication
● Make research findings relevant and impactful for design through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, experiences, and exhibits
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
● Three to five years of professional experience in applied research, outside of academic training. This might include design research, UX research, market research, applied sciences, journalism, and others
● Familiarity with a wide variety of qualitative research methodologies, such as: conducting one-on-one interviews and ethnographic-style fieldwork, moderating group conversations, running live prototyping sessions, conducting co-design workshops, and engaging users remotely
● Experience applying research insights to creative design solutions
● Impactful and passionate communication skills
● Experience working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams
● A passion for applying quantitative data, numbers, and analysis to derive research insight
● Some experience with basic mixed methods research that includes quantitative data. In particular, we want you to have experience designing simple surveys (with tools like Google Forms, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey or Typeform) and then working with your results using basic descriptive analysis (like percentages, sums, and averages)
● Values oriented: It is critical that we hire associates and hold them accountable to a standard of excellence demonstrated by our Purpose and Values.