Marvin is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the Digital Strategy team in Eagan, MN. The UX/UI Designer will make a big impact by designing and creating optimal, elegant digital experiences and interactions for target users.
Essential Job Functions:
• Lead UX/UI strategy planning for Marvin website and digital tools. Ensure the business vision, user needs and technical capabilities are aligned and focused on solving the right problems for target users.
• Work with Market Intelligence team to understand customer journeys, identify user needs and understand how users consume and navigate content.
• Design website and digital tool wireframes and task flows based on user needs.
• Build prototypes for usability testing.
• Determine information architecture and create sitemaps. Create taxonomies and define information hierarchies. Assess existing information architecture and identify areas for improvement.
• Challenge the status quo when necessary and follow-through to ensure steps are taken to make change.
• Leading People
o Suave ability to rally others to a cause; effectively lead cross-functional teams and external partners.
• Thinking & Deciding
o Strong strategic and creative thinker; ability to integrate core UX/UI principles and apply them to achieve business objectives.
o Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities.
o Conduct business with a high level of ethical standards, integrity, and business acumen.
• Relating to People:
o Responsive, respectful, amenable, driven, professional personality.
o Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences.
• Managing Work
o A talent for getting things done; excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
o Demonstrates flexibility in approach especially in terms of problem solving
o Excellent project management skills; ability to independently manage complex projects
• Managing Self
o Behaviorally mature professional with inherent leadership abilities
o Self-directed and motivated
• 3+ years of experience designing and creating optimal digital experiences and interactions for target users.
• Customer-focused mindset.
• Passionate about designing elegant user experiences as you are about using systems thinking and human-centered design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems.
• Systems thinker; you love solving problems and can logically visualize complex systems, user interaction flows, and beautiful user interfaces.
• Agile; you can nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level, if necessary.
• Experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools (such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD and Invision), however, we are tool agnostic in terms of tool choice.