At Marvin, we have Careers – Built around you! Join a company that knows the value of its employees and works with you to develop your career goals. We are currently seeking a Fenestration Sourcing Engineer to join the team. The Fenestration Sourcing Engineer can be located in Fargo, ND or Eagan, MN.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with suppliers to confirm and improve:
- Cost competitiveness.
- Supply constraints.
- Support supplier selection processes for both new product development launches and multi-sourcing strategies.
- Support Supply Chain, Materials, and Quality leadership during investigations of critical sourcing concerns and/or special product development or procurement projects.
- Lead and support additional development of supplier performance management systems and related processes designed to improve overall efficiency.
- Support activities which drive:
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Customer and supplier interactions (cost improvement, component development component approval, etc.).
- Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE).
- Provide consultation and coaching to the Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Procurement organizations within fenestration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode, and Effect Analysis (FMEA) strongly preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar field of study required.
- Supplier development experience strongly preferred.
- MRP/ERP experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in sourcing, Engineering, quality, manufacturing processes and program management preferred.
This position also requires travel >50%.
Marvin began as a small-town, family-owned and operated company and has transformed into a premier company in the industry. Our employees are dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. Our values and work ethic are forged by the communities where we’re proud to live and work.
Marvin is a progressive company that is recognized across the nation for innovation, product quality, and the highest level of customer service. We offer a clean, safe, well-lit environment, team-oriented atmosphere, employee growth, development, and competitive wages with health, dental, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
Marvin has always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. If you share these core beliefs and are interested in joining our team, apply today!