1st shift: 7:00am - 3:00pm Pay: Minimum $16.50/hr
Engineering Intern will be responsible for supporting the production department by providing process, design, quality, and layout improvement ideas. This position is responsible for working with others to establish quality systems that will minimize costs and create future, more efficient, processes. This individual is encouraged to develop daily goals/strategies and ensure all equipment is running effectively and efficiently.
• Assist with quality assurance and improvement, employee productivity, project developments, and production forecasting.
• Assist with efficiency and cost reduction efforts and implementing process development and process improvement projects.
• Assist with new product development, process flow development, and will troubleshoot and problem solve as needed.
• Provide feedback to supervisors on process improvement statuses--and also-- track, measure, and report productivity reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Two-years, college level courses, completed in Engineering.
• Computer Skills: knowledge in MS Office, AutoCAD, and MS Project is highly desired.
• Must possess knowledge in manufacturing processes, engineering theories, and mathematical concepts.
• Must be able to work with power tools and computer equipment.
• Possess common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Candidate must submit to and pass a drug screen and background check.
• The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job--reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Must have the ability to alternate walking, standing for extended periods of time, sitting, climbing, bending, reaching with hands and arms, talking, hearing, carrying or lifting up to 10-50 lbs. above chest level; while in the plant/warehouse.
• While performing the job, this position will have frequent clerical duties that include: walking, sitting, talking, hearing, and will have to occasionally use the hands and fingers to lift, feel, and reach.
• Specific vision abilities required—the use of close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Marvin began as a small town, family- owned and operated company and has transformed into a premier company in the industry. Our employees are dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. Our values and work ethic are forged by the communities where we're proud to live and work.
Marvin is a progressive company that is recognized across the nation for innovation, product quality and the highest level of customer service. We offer a clean, safe, well-lit work environment, team-oriented atmosphere, employee growth and development.
Marvin has always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. If you share these core beliefs and are interested in joining our team, apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Know someone who may be
perfect for this job? Share this on
social media and let them know