The Restrictions Administrator is responsible for the management of Warroad Operations Workers Compensation Claims and Restriction management. The primary focus will surround initiatives to ensure employees are returning to work in a timely manner following both personal and work related injuries/medical conditions. This position requires a strong background in problem solving and conflict resolution. The Restrictions Administrator maintains good working relationships with all levels of personnel within Marvin and will quickly identify questions and/or concerns and develop solutions.
- Directly manage workers compensation claims for Warroad Operations;
- Submit claims in a timely fashion to Third Party Administrator.
- Work with medical providers and employees to schedule appointments, and ensure prior authorizations are occurring.
- Communicate restrictions and return to work details to Human Resources and affected department management.
- Ensure claims are being followed to the best possible resolution for all involved parties.
- Manage claims data that allows Safety to determine OSHA recordability of an injury.
- Review and approve payroll reports for proper payment of loss time.
- Partner with Enterprise Workers Compensation Supervisor to strategize on high risk/high dollar value/litigated claims;
- Participate in bi-annual claims reviews, and bi-weekly claims calls with Marvin's Third Party Administrator, Insurance Broker, and Enterprise Workers Compensations Supervisor;
- Provide demographic data as needed to understand trending of leave and restrictions for both personal and workers compensation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Workers Compensation or Leave/Restriction Management handling preferred;
- Two-year associate degree or higher preferred.
Certifications/Other Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to convey thorough, clear messages to target audiences and positively influence decisions;
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with employees and management;
- Conduct business with a high level of privacy, ethical standards, and integrity;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once;
- Demonstrated planning, time management, and organizational skills;
- Solution oriented problem solver and strong critical thinking skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, UltiPro, Origami, and Legacy Computer Systems preferred.