This position reports directly to the Vice President of Marketing, providing support for scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reporting, presentation preparation and other administrative needs that arise. They are also responsible for Eagan office operations, ensuring that administrative functions are effective, efficient and run smoothly. This individual is the consummate professional, a multi-tasker who exhibits a strong work ethic and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. In addition to providing superior executive support, this individual is a self-starter and effective at working independently and in group settings.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
Executive Assistance (75%)
• Maintains Vice President’s appointment schedule by coordinating multiple calendars/ schedules, acting as a liaison between internal and external contacts in planning and scheduling meetings, video/teleconferences, and travel; Resolves schedule conflicts and manages the intricacies of frequent adjustments of schedules.
• Provides meeting planning and scheduling support to Vice President’s direct reports, including meeting materials, technology needs/tech support, food/beverage catering, participant travel arrangements, and venue coordination.
• Conserves Vice President’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating communications.
• Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them in person or on the telephone and answering or directing inquiries.
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, graphics and meeting minutes.
• Prepares Vice President’s meeting agendas, presentation decks, as needed.
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Handles submission of Vice President and marketing functional leaders company credit card expenses efficiently and effectively, adhering to company process and policy.
• Maintains confidence and protects business operations by keeping information confidential.
• Collaborates and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Office Operations (25%)
• Provides backup support to Front Office Assistant during breaks and/or during office hours as needed.
• Oversees and provides support for Front Desk activities (e.g., executing daily open/close procedures, greeting and directing visitors, ensuring adherence to security procedures, handling Eagan Office phone calls, providing customer assistance, distributing incoming/outgoing mail and packages, ensuring proper receipt of deliveries\transport arrangements, etc.).
• Oversees office/breakroom supply inventory and provides approval on order placement within budgetary guidelines.
• Serves as a contributing member of the Eagan Emergency Response Team
• Collaborates closely with the Event Planning & Experience Specialist and the Facilities & Workplace Renovations Manager to ensure smooth office operations and internal communication (e.g., conference room scheduling, support for onsite events, support for new hire onboarding, calling attention to facility-related needs).
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy when completing multiple assignments
• Demonstrated ability to proactively make recommendations for more efficient and innovative ways to accomplish tasks, hence improving current operations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Operates as a true team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
• Exhibits a high degree of professional maturity, trust and integrity, and cultivates these qualities in others
• Handles highly-confidential information with sensitivity and discretion
• Maintains a positive attitude and willingness to assist with a variety of tasks, no matter how small or large
• Possesses a “can do” mindset and the flexibility to take on random projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary – must be comfortable with an ever-changing and evolving role based on the needs of the company
Education / Experience:
• High school diploma (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
• Minimum of 5 years of senior executive-level administrative support experience
• Minimum 3 years office management experience, including personnel management and training
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. EOE