This position is responsible for assisting the Quality department to meet and exceed company goals. The Quality Technician is responsible for ensuring that all quality standards are being followed on the production lines and troubleshoot any areas of the assembly process where a quality issue occurs. This position will monitor products produced on the production line and provide feedback to supervisors on quality issues.
- Inspect, test, and measure materials/product for conformance to specifications.
- Analyze and interpret prints, manuals, data, and other materials to determine specifications.
- Record and analyze data, maintain proper paperwork/documentation.
- Document and communicate non-conforming material rejections to department Supervisors and Purchasing/Materials.
- Mentor Production Associates/Quality Auditors on Quality standards.
- Assist in assigning tasks to Quality Auditors.
- Conduct part inspections on first article, incoming and other parts as requested.
- Observe and monitor production operations, jigs and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Proficient in the use of measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, tape measures, pin gages, feeler gages, measurement probe, and optical comparator
- Requires excellent shop math skills (ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure; using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals)
- Must be able to analyze and interpret drawings, charts and specifications
- Demonstrate problem solving ability, strong communication skills and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently/in a well-organized manner are required
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) are necessary
- Familiarity with computer programs, such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internal production software is required