The individual will be responsible for development, integration and implementation of the Ripley Quality Strategies. This individual will be responsible for Sustained Quality Improvement, both internal and external to the plant utilizing all appropriate Quality Tools to insure the ideal customer experience. Additionally, this individual will be the primary liaison for all major customer issues that are needing a formal response and action plan.
1. Lead Quality Team to achieve high levels of customer Satisfaction
o Coach and Develop Team members
2. Champion our Quality Metrics and Customer Satisfaction
o Champion the drive to improve our Internal and External Quality Measures
o Be the “Face of Ripley” for Customer Quality Issues and drive Corrective Actions
3. Develop and Implement improved Ripley Quality Management System
o Develop Quality Management System to prevent and contain defects.
o Integrate Lean Tools fully into QMS
o Lead Internal Audit efforts to evaluate the effectiveness and sustainment of QMS.
4. Serve as a key member of the Plant Senior Leadership Team, supporting achievement of Safety, Quality, Volume and Cost targets for the Ripley Plant.
5. Support Customer Tour process by leading tours as needed.
REQUIREMENTS for this position include:
• Strong, visible and energetic leader with proven track record of Quality Improvement.
• Effective Team Leader with experience coaching and developing employees
• Quality Management System Experience - ISO, Baldrige, TNCPE
• Initiative and Innovation - Proven self starter
• Experience with financial statements and cost/value.
• Organizational and Leader Development
• Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal effectiveness, ability to effectively liaison with customers and corporate resources.
• Bachelor’s of Science degree in a technical or business field (technical degree preferred.)
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Continuous Improvement and/or Advanced Quality Systems leadership
• A minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing; operations experience a plus.
• ASQ certifications a plus (such as CQE or CQM).
• High energy, positive attitude, excellent people skills.
• Effective Time / Project Management, Meeting facilitation, and follow-up skills.