We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to join our team in Warroad, Minnesota.
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) serves a strategic and critical role within our Operations teams. HRBP's work in unison with team leadership on initiatives related to workplace culture, employee engagement, leader development and employee relations resolution. In addition, HRBP's serve our employees by providing support related to items such as total rewards, benefit administration, training development/delivery, and recruitment.
The HRBP is part of a network of Human Resource professionals serving the Warroad, MN plant operations team. To be successful and effective in this role, the ideal candidate must have a collaborative working style, be an innovative thinker, and possess the ability to develop/maintain strong relationships at all levels within the organization.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
Champion of Culture and Employee Engagement:
- Partner with operations leaders to analyze engagement survey data, develop action plans, and assist with the execution of planned strategies and tactics.
- Manage and/or support programs and events designed to improve workplace culture. (i.e. recognition and award programs, team celebrations/special events, community involvement)
Leader Development and Support:
- Provide both formal training and informal mentorship/coaching to Operations leaders.
- Help Operations leadership identify and develop high-potential individual contributors.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Ensure efforts around employee recruitment, retention and internal/external job postings are performed to expectations.
- Proactively address employee complaints/concerns and collaborate with Plant Leadership in a confidential and appropriately urgent manner.
Total Rewards Including Benefits Administration:
- Serve as a knowledgeable total rewards/benefits resource for employees.
- Ensure related information is shared with consideration for the timeliness, ideal method(s) of communication, leadership preparedness, accessibility to HR assistance, etc.
Time and Attendance:
- Identify and execute on training/education designed to assist leaders in utilizing our time and attendance system effectively and with greater accuracy.
- Proactively manage leaves of all types within the HRBP's respective teams. (i.e. FMLA, seasonal leave, temporary restrictions, long-term restrictions, worker's compensation/return to work)
Compliance and Legal:
- Assist in creation and/or delivery of required compliance training for employees and leaders.
- Maintain strong knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the business.
- Partner with HR Manager to ensure policies, practices and procedures are compliant.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Present comfortably to groups of all sizes.
- Champion company values and advocate for continuous improvements to our workplace cultures.
- Think differently/innovatively in response to challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships across the organization.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a HRBP, HR Generalist or similar role required; strong preference to candidates with a background of HR in manufacturing.
- Professional certification is strongly preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, etc.).