Values-Driven. Work-Life Balance. Wrapped into Innovation and Excellence!
That’s us. That’s the Marvin team.
Consider a career with a company that has as its first Value, “Do the Right Thing.” At the Marvin companies, we strive to enrich the places and spaces where we live and work. An on-site medical Health and Wellness clinic is an example of these values in action.
Marvin Windows and Doors, the premier manufacturer of top quality made-to-order wood windows and doors has an excellent career opportunity in our Ripley, TN facility. This family-owned company demonstrated its commitment to its associates, communities, and customers, by having no layoffs through the great recession. Associates in the Ripley, TN facility are recognized for excellence with Safety, Quality, Performance, Environmental and Wellness excellence certifications.
Assembly Product Group Manager
1. People, Safety, Environmental, and Community: Coach, monitor, and reinforce leadership development and training of team members. Encourages use of company values and ensuring safety criteria is met.
2. Provides direction and installs systems to ensure a quality product is manufactured in a cost-effective manner. A system to ensure timely root cause and corrective actions must be in place and performance tracked to closure.
3. Continually improve line flow and flexibility to produce product in most cost-effective manner to meet customer delivery expectations. Use of daily schedules/planning tools are expected.
4. Manages & Leads PIT crew and team members; promotes continuous improvement initiatives including projects & teams, and process/ system improvements; Focuses on training, reducing manufacturing costs and improve operations.
5. Develops and monitors a budget which will contribute to profitable growth. Supports new product launches and enhancements. Promotes Pit Crew/Team involvement in developing product and process ideas.
6. Work with other departments and Managers to achieve production and company goals.
1. Bachelor of Science in Management, Engineering or related fields strongly preferred with five plus years management experience.
2. Strong Leadership Competencies, including building relationships & collaboration, creating alignment, developing others, including other leaders, strategic thinking, and a drive for results.
3. Lean Manufacturing / Kaizen improvement experience, VSM/line balancing in operations, 5S, ergonomics/safety & work station design.
4. ISO/QS/ other quality operating system experience preferred; Tennessee Center for Performance Excellence experiences a plus.
5. Excellent project management skills
6. Experience with budget development/management & strategic planning.
7. Highly motivated self-starter with the desire for continuous improvement; Able to keep associates engaged in their work and improvement processes
• Competitive Salary, with relocation assistance.
• Excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability, life, on-site medical clinic, gym/fitness center reimbursement, 401k, and Profit sharing plans.
• Win. Grow. Think Differently in Marvin’s values-based environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer.