• Responsible for development and implementation of the New Venture Business Plan. Develop a complete Business Plan that includes: Sales, Marketing, Product Development, Manufacturing, Information Systems, Capital Investment, and Proforma.
• Leverages internal resources while leading the marketing, sales, services, product development, and manufacturing teams to successfully execute the business development initiative.
• Identifies, negotiates, and manages strategic relationships with material, equipment, and technological partners.
• Communicates vision, goals, and progress to executive management and functional teams.
• Collaborate with internal departments and external sources to resource the development and successful implementation of the Business Plan.
• Manage and direct the business development group (team leaders).
• Full P&L responsibility.
• Current tactical concentration:
o Marketing: definition of product needs, distribution channels, and branding.
o Services: leveraging insights toward improved customer experience.
o Product Development: material selection, product design, and key attributes.
o Manufacturing process, equipment, facilities, and location.
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
• Possesses the ability to formulate vision and objectives while executing tactical initiatives.
• Proven ability to identify and develop leaders.
• Well organized with the ability to develop and supervise projects.
• Experience with marketing, strategic planning, team building, and leadership.
• Possesses the ability to communicate professionally to all levels of customers, business partners and executive management.
• Displays strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communications, and ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Curious, insightful, good listener, adaptable and results oriented.
• Good presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
• Collaboration and facilitation skills.
Experience & Education
• 10+ years of experience leading a large team in a related functional area such as Operations, R&D, Finance, Marketing, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
• Experience taking products or entire ventures to market, whether as an entrepreneur or intrapreneur.
• Experience in a customer facing function such as Sales, Marketing or Service preferred.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.