Key Factors for Position Success
This consultative field sales role requires someone who has proven strategic experience growing dealer and pro trade contractor customers via various engagement techniques, strategically developing a channel and local market, conducting market analyses, and consulting with customer teams to yield Marvin sales growth (sales team, leadership, ownership).
Essential Job Functions
• Develop channel and pro trade contractor partners who will effectively cover all market segments within geography and increase The Marvin Family of Brands market share – with special focus on the St. Cloud market, where there has been market disruption, of which, Marvin needs to capitalize.
• Implement strategic sales plans; develop territory budget and sales forecasts
• Develop channel partner sales team and pro trade contractors through various training, which includes market segment training and focus, sales support, technological interface tools, sales training, and product knowledge training
• Regularly analyze current channel partners and create plans to grow market share, either within our existing dealer base, or determine other and better ways to go to market.
• Work with key contacts such as dealers, builders, general contractors, architects, and remodelers to effectively provide clear and valuable communication on projects, services, and market offerings for Marvin Windows and Doors as well as Integrity from Marvin
• Manage the job role’s expense budget
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with decision makers through use of creative problem solving, accurate information, and timely responses
• Assist in the development of new sales programs and processes
• Represent The Marvin Family of Brands at assigned trade and consumer shows
• Regularly communicate strategic and tactical information to sales leadership regarding competitors in assigned territory and region
• Promote and coordinate factory tours and training held at corporate/flagship location in Warroad, MN
• Frequent travel throughout the assigned territory, which will require some overnight stays; valid driver’s license is required
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
• Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences including employees, customers, pro trade personnel, and industry groups; interact with and motivate cross-functional company groups
• Cohesive interpersonal and relationship-building skills at multiple levels
• Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities
• Developed organizational skills, intuition, and reasoning abilities
• High energy, self-directed, professionally confident, and self-motivated
• Approachable, collaborative, and presents with appropriate business acumen
• Self-manage priorities and deadlines
• Aptitude to work with required technology, software applications, CRM platform (Salesforce.com)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum 3 years of experience
• Premium building products experience in dealer direct territory-based outside sales required
• Fenestration industry experience given additional consideration
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.