To make guests feel welcome and excited to experience the history of Marvin Windows and Doors. To present the Marvin story accurately with a positive, professional, and enthusiastic attitude. To help deliver top quality service in the Marvin Gift Shop.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Receptionist – greet guests in a friendly manner and request they sign the guest book, give a brief background about the Visitor Center and help them get started on their self-guided tour. Know the procedures of opening and closing the Visitor Center to ensure building security. Know the start-up and shut down procedures for the museum. Clean the exhibits in the museum, making sure they are all working correctly.
- Tour Guide - Provide tours for Marvin Windows and Doors internal and external customers. Know how to shorten and lengthen a tour depending upon the time allowed.
- Gift Shop Cashier – complete customer sales by checking customers out. This includes entering purchases into the computer, receiving payments, bagging items and giving change. Answer questions and assist in finding inventory. Mark inventory with prices and code numbers. Restock inventory. Clean the gift shop when needed, including sweeping, dusting, vacuuming bins, straightening merchandise. Maintain the display cases throughout our Warroad facilities. Ensuring security of the till and gift shop.
- Tours and Training Support – assist in cleaning up of kitchen after catered meals, serve catered meals, clerical support such as filling packets for guests, typing up reports and entering information into databases. Sunday night pick up of guests at the airport and checking them into the motels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer skills.
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, responsible, ability to communicate information.
- Willingness to learn about the Marvin family, the company, and the Warroad area.
- Good time management skills; attention to detail.
- Punctual, flexible, enthusiastic, customer-focused.
- Ability to run a cash register and make change.
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge of computer programs.
- Prior experience interacting with people, both children and adults.