The primary focus of the manufacturing analyst role within Marvin is to provide manufacturing support from work order creation through invoicing, to set up the system for changes, to test coding changes, and to provide training and consulting services on the capabilities and functions of the ICIM system. The right candidate will leverage strong analysis and problem-solving skills to improve processes and create greater efficiencies in window and door manufacturing.
Essential Job Functions
Business Partnership (25%)
• Identify and Deliver High Impact Solutions (ROI)
• Thought Leader (Strategic Point of View)
• Take an Immersed Position in the Manufacturing Landscape
• Train and Provide Subject Matter Expertise for Marvin Staff on System Capabilities and Functions
• Partner with Business Analysts and Programmer Analysts to Share Ideas and Best Practices to Maximize the Benefits of Available or New Solutions
• Skilled Bi-Lingual Communication (Business Conversations with Business Partners, Technical Conversations with Technology Partners)
• Earn Respect of Business and Technology Stakeholders
Values and Culture Ambassador
• Company Values in Action
• Solutions Speed and Agility
• Ownership in the Outcome
• Enjoy Delivering Amazing Solutions to our Internal and External Customers
Business Analysis and Solution Delivery (75%)
• Understand and Assess the Overarching Technology Landscape
• Support a Strategic Point of View and Plan of Attack
• Collaborate with Stakeholders to Identify Pain Points and Opportunities
• Define ROI and Business Impact
• Support Priority Alignment
• Design, Prepare, and Execute Unit, Systems Integration, and User Acceptance Test Plans
• Define Required Metrics for Success
• Document Project Requirements and Current State Process Flows
• Set Up System to Support Process and Technical Changes
• Align with Business Solution Architect on Strategic Solution Approach and Priorities
• Gain Solution Alignment with Stakeholders
• Align with Technical Architects on Business Solution and Data Requirements
• Manage Projects to Ensure Deliverables and Timelines are Met
• Post Production Launch Support and Continuous Improvement
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills required, including how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application, data and operational requirements.
• Excellent testing skills and the ability to execute test cases.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and manage small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
• Must be self-motivated, have strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
• High degree of professionalism that promotes progress through teamwork in a collaborative environment, using best practice methodologies like agile or waterfall.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of systems supporting manufacturing processes. Knowledge of Marvin internal manufacturing IT systems is desired.
• As a Manufacturing Analyst, possesses the ability to start quick, take charge, and generate a positive impact immediately.
• Ability to travel on occasion.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related discipline desired.
• Hands on experience in gathering, documenting, and communicating project business requirements.
• 5+ years of experience in software development life cycle, including business process and requirements documentation, analysis, design, system construction, testing, training, communication planning and deployment (concept to deployment).
• Experience with business operations or systems development.
• Experience in managing complex projects, and multitasking.
• Technical proficiency/familiarity with applicable software to support the internal customer.