Driver Dispatch Supervisor
Department: Operations Leadership
Location: Roanoke, VA
- Directing the daily activities of drivers, managing and maintaining the truck garage facility.
- Investigate all accidents, incidents and property damage involving all drivers, as well as compile daily truck fuel cost analysis and maintain daily communication with Marvin Dispatch.
- Managing the driver performance (Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Customer Service and Reliability) to meet and or exceed benchmarking goals
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring and orientating new drivers as needed in cooperation with Human Resources, as well as being responsible for training, performance reviews and discipline.
- Working with dealers regularly to provide estimated delivery dates, provide customers with answers to product questions and maintain current trip delivery schedules.
- Ensuring the DOT and Marvin compliance of all drivers which includes maintaining driver files, logs, hours of service, equipment compliance and drug programs.
- Selecting common carrier for pick-up and delivery on a weekly basis.
- Assisting Scheduler with scheduling open orders and build shipping document boards on a daily basis.
- Reconciling transportation checking accounts and trip envelopes each week, and approving accounts payable invoices each week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will be well organized and have excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel with ICIM manufacturing software helpful.
- The work environment is fast-paced and dynamic; individuals must be comfortable working independently and managing multiple concurrent tasks.
Education, Training and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Prefer two to three years of dispatch experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must submit to and pass a drug screen and background check.
Marvin began as a small-town, family-owned and operated company and has transformed into a premier company in the industry. Our employees are dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. Our values and work ethic are forged by the communities where we’re proud to live and work.
Marvin is a progressive company that is recognized across the nation for innovation, product quality, and the highest level of customer service. We offer a clean, safe, well-lit work environment, team-oriented atmosphere, employee growth, development, and competitive wages with health, dental, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
Marvin has always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. If you share these core beliefs and are interested in joining our team, apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer