We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our growing business in Delray, Florida! Don’t miss this opportunity to jump start a rewarding career.
SIW Windows and Doors is a premier manufacturer and installer of hurricane impact-resistant windows, doors and glass garage doors. SIW Retail provides South Florida homeowners a simple, beginning to end, turnkey window replacement experience.
The Operations Manager will oversee operations of the SIW retail business including job measuring, permitting, order entry, installation, and post sales customer service and support. Primary duties will be ensuring the delivery of superior customer satisfaction to homeowner customers through communication, on time job completion, and timely response to any post sales service issues. Responsible for staffing, retention, training and leading the operations team. Candidate will be a key member of the SIW Retail leadership team.
Essential Job Functions
• Ensure SIW delivers the highest-quality window replacement experience to customers within the stated lead time
• Lead and manage the measuring, permitting, retail order entry, installation, and post sales service and support teams and functions to ensure communication, process flow, problem resolution, and satisfied customers
• Staffing, retention, training, and leading of the operations team
• Develop, implement, and document processes and procedures for operations teams to follow
• Implement and monitor systems (such as MarketSharp) to keep the operations team aligned, streamline process and efficiency, and complete projects in the stated lead time
• Implement and monitor customer satisfaction surveys to ensure high performance, and utilize the feedback for continual process improvement
• Interface with SIW manufacturing on product delivery to ensure customer lead times are met
• Communicate all product and install issues to appropriate parties including customers, operations team members, and retail sales team
• Quickly identify deficiencies and create and implement a plan to remedy
• Meet and exceed monthly company revenue targets within target margins
• Oversee and manage product orders for accuracy and speed
• Recruit, train, and improve installation crews
• Assist in collection of accounts receivable
• Benchmark best practices at other retail window and door replacement companies and leverage for continual improvement
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
• Previous management and leadership experience, ideally in the home improvement industry
• Proven track record in team building and management
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Strong computer knowledge
• Strong home improvement industry knowledge
• Ability to handle customer issues in a calm and professional manner
• Possess high level organizational skills and follow up
Education / Industry Experience
• 5+ years of building products retail operations experience, window and door or home improvement experience preferred
• Postsecondary education in business preferred.