An Architectural Project Manager is responsible for developing new business, building awareness, loyalty, and ultimately driving sales of the Marvin brands to the architectural and commercial communities.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospect, identify, and build relationships with members of the architectural community whose influence will lead to specification and purchase of the Marvin and Integrity brands.
- Actively pursue business development with facility managers and owners of institutional properties.
- Plan and host factory tours with targeted architects, designers, channel partners, and trade customers.
- Provide product and technical solutions on individual project opportunities.
- Work with regional sales team to assess and develop channel partners’ programs, expertise, and services necessary to successfully sell to the architectural and commercial segments.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate a strong understanding of market conditions, trends, and the competitive environment.
- Represent Marvin brands at trade shows and events.
- Effectively utilize CRM (Salesforce.com) to document sales efforts and to maximize efficiency.
- Develop channel partners’ focus on Marvin brands through effective training and communication.
- Support and implement company sales and marketing programs, and product introductions.
- Significant travel required throughout the assigned territory, including overnight stays.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Read and interpret construction documents and specifications.
- Navigate CAD-based design.
- Ability to periodically lift up to 75 lbs.
- Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences including employees, customers, pro trade personnel, and industry groups; interact with and motivate cross-functional company groups.
- Cohesive interpersonal and relationship-building skills at multiple levels.
- Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities.
- Developed organizational skills, intuition, and reasoning abilities.
- Takes initiative, self-directed, professionally confident, and self-motivated.
- Approachable, collaborative, and presents with appropriate business acumen.
- Self-manage priorities and deadlines.
- Aptitude to work with required technology, software applications, CRM platform (Salesforce.com).
Education / Industry Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an architectural, construction, or business-related field.
- Construction Documents Technologist (CDT) certification, or obtain within 2 years of employment.
- Consultative value proposition sales experience specifying premium products to architectural/design firms.
- Fenestration industry experience given additional consideration.