- Work with local sales management team to develop a working relationship with key contacts such as dealers, builders, architects, and remodelers, understanding how to effectively provide clear and valuable communication on projects, services, and market offerings for Marvin and Integrity leading to increased specification and purchase of Marvin brand products.
- Progression as an Associate Territory Manager is designed to result in being considered for a promotional opportunity to a Territory Manager, Architectural Project Manager, or Market Trade Specialist within the first 24 months in the job role.
- Employee must be willing to relocate when a promotional opportunity becomes available
Essential Job Functions.
Essential Job Functions
Functional Execution (80% time allocation)
- Gain and develop an understanding on how to grow channel partner sales teams via various ideas/techniques, such as market segment training and focus, sales support, technological interface tools, sales training, and product knowledge training.
- Plan and host factory tours in Warroad with targeted channel partners, architects, and designers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with decision-makers through use of creative problem solving and timely responses.
- Provide product and technical solutions on individual project opportunities.
- Represent Marvin brands at trade shows and events and conduct educational presentations.
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce.com) to maximize sales efforts and efficiency.
- Support and implement company sales promotions, marketing programs, and product introductions.
Planning & Implementation for Growth (20% time allocation)
- Work with and learn from the Senior Territory Manager to hone skills of creating and implementing strategic sales plans.
- Communicate strategic and tactical competitive information as assigned within the territory and/or region.
- Assist sales leadership in the development of new programs and processes.
- Assist sales team to develop channel, trade, and design partners that will effectively cover all market segments within geography.
- Participate in progress meetings with Senior Territory Manager and/or Regional Manager to identify and document achievement of performance metrics.
- Dynamic communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation); able to convey engaging and clear messages in a variety of mediums to target audiences of all sizes including co-workers, customers, and industry groups.
- Responsive, professional persona with a “can do” attitude; effective interpersonal and relationship building skills at multiple levels.
- Desire to develop an aptitude for strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Conduct business with a high level of ethical standards and integrity.
- Demonstrated planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong drive for results; consistently meet deadlines.
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
- Aptitude to manage through ambiguity and lead change; self-starter; self-confidence with humility
Able to coordinate multiple tasks/projects and self-manage deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate potential issues; ability to quickly formulate options to resolve issues; innovative thinking.
- Collaborator; able to build and maintain relationships on multiple levels.
- Work with and leverage technology to maximize effectiveness in sales role (Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce.com, and various software applications).
- Ability to frequently travel in territory, including some overnights (approximately 20-50%, depending on territory assignment).
- Periodically lift up to 75 lbs.
Education / Industry Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Entry-level (1-3 years of experience) within the building materials industry and/or a sales function is preferred.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.