At Marvin Windows and Doors, we have Careers – Built around you®. We are a progressive manufacturer of quality windows and doors that relies on our years of experience, advance technology and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees to continually grow our business.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician, based out of Seattle, WA. Seasonal overtime and overnight travel required, based on service backlog.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide post-sales support for Marvin Companies’ windows and doors.
- Professional, timely communication with all customers and Marvin support staff that will allow us to fulfill our mission of delivering a game changing customer experience.
- Efficient time management, route planning and service job scheduling that meets our stated service goals and the needs of our targeted customer.
- Clear, concise jobsite documentation that provides insight to the inside support staff to facilitate timely closure of all service requests.
- Manage and maintain company issued assets, i.e. trucks, tools, phone and computer/notepad.
- Manage personal safety, customer jobsite and personal appearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
Window and door product knowledge; a good background in construction and installation practices.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of position including lifting up to 75 pounds, climbing ladders and scaffolding.
- Dependable, solid work ethic and a self-starter.
Excellent communication skills; must be able to deliver a difficult message and manage customer expectations.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use Marvin computer programs and systems.
- A positive can-do attitude with the ability to think outside the box to resolve service issues.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions that impact the company from a financial standpoint.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to create effective weekly work schedules.
Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- High school diploma. 3-5 years construction background.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.