Job Hourly Rate: $24.19 (includes housing allowance)
Length of Coop: 12-15 months
Marvin Windows and Doors of Tennessee offers a great opportunity for engineers in school who are looking to gain experience in a manufacturing environment. With Marvin's emphasis on innovation and culture, engineering co-ops learn how to innovate and also learn about how important an organization's culture is for their future career. Engineering co-op students would be participating in various projects throughout the facility to improve our processes for producing high quality, custom made doors.
These students will be participating in Kaizen events, leading and participating in project teams, conduct data collection and analysis, value stream analysis, product value analysis, CAD drawing, technical reports, and hands on implementation of engineering concepts. Coops may also be given analysis projects and be asked to present on their findings to management. This coop covers a wide variety of manufacturing environment experience to help students understand what their area of interest is for their future careers. Coops who show their initiative and ability to create innovative solutions to problems are also considered for future full time engineering openings.
Skills and Abilities:
• Must be dependable, motivated, and a self-starter who is capable of leading projects and working on their own.
• Must have proficient experience in Auto CAD, Excel, Word, and an understanding of engineering software.
• Prior knowledge of working with wood is a plus.
• Prior use of tools such as saws, hammers, nail guns, etc. is a plus.
• Able to read and utilize standard measuring devices
• Must have maintain an excellent attendance record.
• Performs other duties as required