Lead and/or support engineering initiatives that contribute to the success of our customers, by both improving and implementing new processes across the Marvin Brand operations facilities. Initiatives are driven by process improvement, operations capital investment plan, overall ROI, product development initiatives, and new ventures.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and/or support larger manufacturing/process engineering projects.
- Apply knowledge of product design, production and business processes to proactively identify improvement opportunities across the value stream.
- Develop and execute capital investment initiatives.
- Evaluate new technologies and methods to assist facilities with meeting flexibility and productivity goals.
- Continually build and apply technical knowledge discovered through research, benchmarking and continuing education opportunities.
- Develop and coach others on lean concepts throughout the organization.
Safety, Quality and Training:
- Provide safe working environment. Our associates must understand, observe and follow safety rules/regulations.
- Active participation in safety programs/training a must.
- Responsible for ensuring his/her work product and individual actions reflect commitment.
- Must be willing to become and remain current on all training required by the company for his/her position.
- Plant Floor (Includes Shops, Warehouse/Storage and Logistics):
- Work performed in a manufacturing floor environment or technical shop space.
- Exposure to various mechanical operations/prolonged operation of large equipment.
- Exposure to fork truck/industrial vehicle traffic.
- Potential for seasonal temperature variances.
- Low to Moderate levels of noise and dust.
- Must possess the ability to move about the plant floor and stand for extended periods.
- Routine bending, reaching and lifting (specific requirements are outlined by role in various Human
- Resource and Training documents).
- In select technical roles, for which there is specialized training provided, there may be occasional exposure to electricity/electrical components and hot-work.
- Work is performed in a laboratory or designated testing environment.
- Potential for occasional strong odors and elevated noise levels.
- Low to moderate levels of dust.
Values and Culture Ambassador:
- Company Values in Action.
- Solutions Speed and Agility.
- Ownership in the Outcome.
- Enjoy Delivering Amazing Solutions to our Internal and External Customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma a plus.
- Experience in building products or millwork industries a plus.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive and implement change in products, processes and culture.
- Demonstrated, strong project management skills required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment/automation/robotics a plus.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering - Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical preferred.
- 5+ years professional work experience in a manufacturing environment.