• Develop, implement, and maintain manufacturing processes for new and existing products using engineering tools and methodologies
• Write and maintain standard work procedures and process documentation
• Project management: assembling and leading implementation teams for new product implementation projects, continuous improvement projects, and equipment implementation projects
• Perform analysis on sales history data to drive inventory stocking plans, equipment requirements, process requirements, and material/equipment layouts
• Perform capital equipment justifications and presentations to upper management
• Manage capital equipment projects from inception to completion
• Develop facility layouts in AutoCAD and coordinate equipment moves and work orders
• Provides general engineering support to production to troubleshoot issues with quality efficiency, labor, etc.
• Design and implement tools, fixtures, jigs, and gages for production use.
• BS in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1+ years of related work experience
• Ability to solve difficult problems by applying basic scientific/engineering principles, theories and concepts
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Project management experience
• Initiative, self-starter, works with minimal direction, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence.
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Experience with 2D AutoCAD
• Experience with manufacturing process development
• Knowledge of manufacturing equipment/automation a plus
• Knowledge of Lean methodologies
• Experience with Six Sigma statistical analysis, Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet and Minitab software
• Knowledge and familiarity of window and door products
• Knowledge or experience in residential construction industry