Marvin is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join the IT/Customer Experience team in Eagan, MN. The UX/UI Designer will make a big impact by designing and creating optimal, elegant digital experiences and interactions for target users.
• Lead UX/UI strategy planning for Marvin web properties, digital tools and user systems. Ensure the business vision, user needs and technical capabilities are aligned and focused on solving the right problems for target users.
• Work with Segment Experience, Market Intelligence, IT and the Marvin Design Lab to understand customer journeys, identify user needs and understand how users consume and navigate content.
• Conduct user research to influence digital experience design, including website, digital tools and task flows.
• Design website and digital tool wireframes and task flows based on user needs.
• Build prototypes for usability testing and lead usability testing of those prototypes.
• Incorporate visual design to shape and improve the UX through careful consideration of photography, typography, color, space and layout.
• Determine information architecture and create sitemaps. Create taxonomies and define information hierarchies. Assess existing information architecture and identify areas for improvement.
• Challenge the status quo when necessary and follow-through to ensure steps are taken to make change.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Leading People
o Polished ability to rally others to a cause; effectively lead cross-functional teams and external partners.
• Thinking & Deciding
o Strong strategic and creative thinker; ability to integrate core UX/UI principles and apply them to achieve business objectives.
o Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities.
o Conduct business with a high level of ethical standards, integrity, and business acumen.
• Relating to People:
o Responsive, respectful, amenable, driven, professional personality.
o Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences.
• Managing Work
o A talent for getting things done; excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
o Demonstrates flexibility in approach especially in terms of problem solving
o Excellent project management skills; ability to independently manage complex projects
• Managing Self
o Behaviorally mature professional with inherent leadership abilities
• Self-directed and motivated
Education / Requirements:
o 3+ years of experience designing and creating optimal digital experiences and interactions for target users.
o Customer-focused mindset.
o Passionate about designing elegant user experiences as you are about using systems thinking and human-centered design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems.
o Systems thinker; you love solving big, hairy problems and can logically visualize complex systems, user interaction flows, and beautiful user interfaces.
o Agile; you can nurture a cohesive product vision and finesse visual designs at a vector or pixel level, if necessary.
o Experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools (such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD and Invision), however, we are tool agnostic in terms of tool choice.
o Demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging digital solutions and an ability to define what makes them successful.
o Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges, and solutions to those challenges.
o Portfolio of example projects highlighting design for mobile applications, web-based applications, and enterprise websites.
o Understanding human-centered design methodology and is skilled in all phases including research, framing, solutioning, and prototyping.
o Experience with various design methods including Agile, Sprints, and co-creation.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.