Marvin is looking for a Field Marketing Manager to join the Dealer and Retail Experience Team! If you are a creative marketer with a desire to partner with sales to get the job done and a customer focused attitude - this may be the role for you!
Key position goals:
1. Responsible and accountable for implementing market programs in partnership with the sales team, and on behalf of dealers. This requires a depth of knowledge of local market and sales team objectives in assigned region.
2. Take ownership of project management of Dealer and Retail development marketing and sales programs including everything from planning, to tactical execution, to analysis of outcomes and program refinement.
3. Develop relationships with key dealers and regional sales team, providing insight and expertise on the local market, and recommending relevant marketing tactics based on business objectives and sales goals.
4. Represent Dealer and Retail Experience Team in cross-functional collaboration to build integrated process and plans and provide insight into key projects and product launches.
Dealer Marketing strategy and execution (sales partnership) (60%)
• Provide market-specific support of dealers in specified region by acting as part of their local market team (sales and marketing collaboration). Success looks like understanding the dealer base, sales approach and market needs and making informed recommendations based on those considerations. This includes:
o Gaining support and buy in from Dealer to get “sign off”
o Working internally across the marketing team to track and manage key dealer and market plans, partnering with Marketing Operations group as needed to manage execution of the plan.
o Lead the analysis and delivery of dealer and market program progress reports, suggesting enhancements or changes to plan as needed.
o Manage program spend to encourage strategic investment, allowing flexibility based on market needs.
• Develop annual Dealer/Marvin activity plan (in collaboration with sales) by initiating in-person meetings and work sessions with sales counterparts, and dealers, in order to strategize an annual plan and go-to-market strategy in support of Marvin growth with dealers.
• Collaborate with sales team to plan and execute a plan to grow sales and develop dealers - combining marketing and advertising activity, events (if applicable), showroom support, training/engagement plans, dealer-managed activities (cooperatively funded and supported) and sales efforts to grow and develop the dealer’s business with an integrated mindset.
• Provide support, guidance and recommendations for dealers on how to optimize their local growth plans, including how they leverage brand assets and programs, engage customers in their retail locations, and develop their local Marvin customer experience.
• As needed, work with internal agency to develop custom marketing assets for local dealer or local market efforts.
• Be an active participant in ensuring success of the dealer’s annual Marvin business plan, supporting both sales and the dealer in achieving goals and objectives.
• Work one-on-one with dealer’s marketing representative, as appropriate, to ensure alignment throughout execution.
• Collaborate with local Marvin sales team (Architectural, Regional and Territory Managers) to understand needs and develop marketing strategies that drive sales growth in assigned markets.
• Travel in assigned region consistently to support dealer development and sales/marketing efforts - including ongoing progress check ins at key dealer locations to review progress throughout plan execution.
Execution of Dealer and Market Initiatives (20%)
• Understand demand and growth opportunities within markets served and oversee strategic deployment of activity funds in those markets with a goal of sales growth over time.
• Represent the brand and products in the market – including understanding of product launch and showroom merchandising opportunities and support of these initiatives.
• Work with sales team to turn market opportunities into programs, campaigns and promotions that address the needs in assigned territories and business segments to grow business in that geography.
• In collaboration with others on the Dealer and Retail Experience Team, strategize and execute on promotions, programs, tools and integrated plans to help drive sales and gain market share.
• Effectively manage marketing programs, plans and projects by:
o Exhibiting strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
o Focusing on documentation using Salesforce.com
o Aligning with other marketing or brand plans and programs
o Considering goals, deadlines and budgets.
• Support the efforts of outside agencies and vendors and/or internal departments in support of Dealer and Retail Experience team projects and plans to ensure they are effective, timely and on time/on budget.
Cross-Functional Team Participation (20%)
• Represent Dealer and Retail Experience team as part of any catalyst team, Design Lab/Design Thinking Project, new product launch or other cross-functional effort as assigned.
• Advocate for and act as voice of Dealer and Retail Experience team efforts and sales partners by sharing insights, documenting best practices and being open to process improvement opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field, or relevant customer-focused, client-facing role.
• 3+ years of related marketing experience in dealer environment or relevant experience in marketing communications, marketing or brand support, or working in an agency setting.
• Must live in market served.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs; experience with Salesforce.com a plus.
• Ability to travel consistently, up to 40% of the time.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently with strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
• Understanding of marketing principles and current marketing strategies, with ability to apply them to business needs for growth.
• Friendly, responsive, respectful, professional personality, with willingness to partner with and serve internal and external customers
• Continuous improvement mentality with a focus on personal and professional growth and development a must.