The Manufacturing Services Manager is responsible for overseeing the command center, forecasting labor needs, and partnering with operations leadership on scheduling, order trends, and staffing levels. This position requires excellent analytical, communication, and collaboration abilities. The Manufacturing Services Manager will support Marvin's purpose to imagine and create better ways of living by serving as a key member of the Operations Leadership Team.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee command center including determining what metrics to display, and partnering with IT on the overall look and functionality.
- Research and provide recommendations for new command center support tools and/or enhancements to existing.
- Forecast future labor needs based on order volume and historical data.
- Ad Hoc analysis to demand management functions.
- Partner with IT on capacity planning methodology and work order logic.
- Align and partner with Operations leadership on various topics including: scheduling, order trends, and staffing levels.
- Review and approve ECNs.
- Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings and daily production meetings.
- SME on ICIM practices and principles.
- We build windows and during high demand periods all employees are strongly encouraged to help build.
- Serve as a key member of the Operations Leadership Team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team.
- Strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of the systems that support the demand management function, including ICIM.
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive operations experience. Strong preference for candidates with scheduling and forecasting experience.