The Manufacturing Engineering Intern is responsible for assisting the Engineering department’s support of daily operations. This individual will work on projects that facilitate continuous improvement in areas of safety, process, design, quality, and layout. The position will need to work with others (engineering, maintenance, production) to implement quality system changes that minimize costs and create more efficient processes. The Manufacturing Engineering Intern will research and assist on new product development, process flow development, and will troubleshoot and problem solve as needed.
Requirements/Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be currently enrolled in an Engineering program at a college or university, junior status preferred.
- The ability to solve problems and communicate effectively, as well as knowledge in manufacturing processes, engineering theories, and mathematical concepts is also required.
- Applicants must have some understanding of the use of power tools and computer equipment, including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and 3-D modeling software.
- Position requirement is 15 hours per week during the school year and full-time during the summer