Marvin is currently seeking a Research and Development Scientist to join the Research & Development team at our Fargo, ND location. We are currently searching for candidates who are looking to advance their career with an innovation-driven company as a R & D Scientist:
Research and Development Scientists are responsible for the development of the vision of a specific material/process core competency, managing innovative projects and lead or participate on cross functional teams, that either improve/enhance our material platform and associated products or create new next generation material platforms that enable our customers to develop new products.
All projects are undertaken with the company’s strategic plans and goals in sight. Develop the technical expertise for an assigned competency within the Marvin organization. This expertise will allow you to provide project ideas for advanced research through implementation that are desired by our customers and meet the feasibility and viability goals of the organization.
This position provides several immediate career path level options, based on experience.
- Lead or participate on AR/IPT/PPT projects. Achieve scope of project on time and within budget.
Help ensure that the activities (experiments, tests and reports) are performed at the highest technical standards.
- Support production, quality control and assurance with respect to material performance characteristics and provide technical support to assess whether materials meet specifications.
- Provide responsive technical advice, service or assistance on technical issues and make material and/or application recommendations to sales associates/customers when requested.
- Keep current on new material developments, products, ingredients, and techniques within the plastics industry through technical literature, attendance at technical and professional meetings or seminars, trade organizations and/or shows or contact with customers, suppliers, etc.
- Perform literature and laboratory research relating to new material development evaluation with respect to new applications.
- Positively impact the company’s bottom-line through process improvements and material cost reductions.
- Champion R&D trials to test new materials and process improvements.
- Perform test protocols for materials within the assigned technical area, utilizing the analytical R&D laboratory.
- Coordinate test protocols for materials within the assigned technical area, utilizing academic and/or third-party test partners.
- Interact with suppliers (with Materials Management Group’s involvement) to improve current material technologies and/or developing new material technologies.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year technical degree required in a technical area, i.e. polymer and coatings, chemistry, engineering or material science