The EHS Manager must have superior project management, leadership, and people development skills. This position will lead the safety and environmental efforts for our three locations in Fargo and West Fargo. This position will be responsible for maintaining proactive department strategy and quarterly planning; implementing projects that further streamline our safety systems and processes to include electronic file management, accessibility, routing, and reporting. The EHS Manager is also responsible for leading and developing the EH&S team to cultivate growth opportunities.
• Develop, direct, assist and support corporate EHS policies and programs.
• Monitor, analyze and report EHS data for trends and areas of concern.
• Keep abreast of legislative/regulatory changes of both an Environmental and Safety nature that may influence business functions.
• Develop collaboratively with the EHS site coordinators and communicate safety notifications to applicable staff.
• Manage employee safety and environmental training compliance.
• Manage multiple EHS coordinators in multiple facilities. This position will also serve as a liaison between decisions made regarding interviewing potential EHS candidates, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning, directing and evaluating work, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Maintain involvement with government/professional organizations such as VPP, OSHA, NIOSH, NRC, ASSE, NFPA, the National Safety Council and our Corporate Insurance provider.
• Direct the investigations of serious injuries, accidents, complaints and other issues. Implement, manage, and coordinate education and communication needs, and administer EHS budget requirements.
• Ensure corporate policies/practices are current, compliant and administered regarding federal, state and local regulations and company requirements.
• Develop rules, regulations and operating procedures exposures to EHS hazards and risks.
• Develop and maintain responsibility for Fargo and West Fargo controlled EHS policies, plans, programs and procedures.
• Monitor, analyze and report EHS data while providing informative and progressive programs. Inform appropriate parties of recommended compliance/communication changes.
• Manage OSHA, VPP, employee health and wellness, ergonomics and other training needs and improvement programs.
• Participate in annual professional development in addition to the required education/training of this position.
• Accountability measures include: OSHA incident rate, employee engagement initiatives, reduce employee turnover rate, % on time of delivery, and continue to reduce Marvin's operational costs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required, Master’s degree preferred; a combination of relevant work experience and/or training may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Organizational development and/or training & development experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred; experience in EHS operations and program implementation and management in a manufacturing environment is also preferred
The following courses/certifications/trainings are preferred:
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
• 30-hour OSHA General Industry and/or Construction Industry Certification
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and the ability to learn proprietary software