The Manager of Financial Analysis will use proven expertise in financial analytics, forecasting, and insights to support Marvin’s business strategy. This position will be responsible for supporting the need for financial analysis within Marvin by introducing and incorporating industry best practices for analytics, measurement, reporting, and insights.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing, Outside Sales, Inside Sales, and IT functional leaders to create and implement program analytics that measure impact of activity and investment in order to influence new ways of thinking for key stakeholders in all geographies and levels of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop the process for offering business analytics to provide visibility into results and financial impact of investments
• Proactively engage with functional leaders and their teams to provide insight into business challenges and needs from a financial perspective
• Provide executive-facing insights, analytics, and presentations to shed light on financial performance and drive business decisions
• Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure analytics are aligned with enterprise goals and objectives; ensure leaders are equipped with the necessary tools to make informed business and financial decisions
• Partner with various business partners, and colleagues to create effective analytics and consider multiple points of view and business impacts into an analysis
• Develop financial insights that are clear, compelling and actionable to drive awareness of business and financial results
• Work to continually align with changing business needs. Develop and implement innovative analytics and communication vehicles to meet the needs of multiple stakeholder groups
• Implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of strategies for assigned initiatives. Use metrics to inform strategic plans on how to improve, enhance or innovate future programs and tactics
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
• Comfortable developing analytic plans for a variety of business programs and projects
• An executive presence with polished and well-developed facilitation, written and oral communication skills, demonstrating creativity and technical expertise
• Assertive and confident with a strong point of view while able to understand/empathize and support other perspectives. Intent on building trusting and collaborative partnerships/relationships
• Ability to turn complex, financial analytics into insights that are appropriate for different audiences and business lines (e.g. senior leaders, managers, all employees)
• Ability to build trusted relationships effectively to influence and build credibility with executive leadership
• Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving abilities
• Able to work as part of a finance team, focused on building a “great place to work” culture and continuously upholding the purpose and values of Marvin
Education / Experience:
• 5+ years work experience leading financial analytic process and execution
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, math, or related field
• Experience working with marketing, outside sales, and IT functions within a Retail or Consumer Packaged Goods organization
• Superior use of excel including macros, pivot tables, and v-lookups as well as as well as business intelligence tools such as Qlick, Tableau, or Spotfire. Must be comfortable with Power Point and able to use this tool to build compelling analytic stories.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.