We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our team in Warroad, Minnesota. The Human Resources (HR) Manager partners with the Director of HR and Plant Leadership on recruitment/retention efforts, benefits administration, employee relations, employment branding, training, leader development and total rewards. This role is also responsible for both the administration and continuous improvement of HR programs/policies for the Warroad Operations organization, always ensuring efforts are undertaken in an efficient and legally sound manner that supports our overall business direction and core values. The HR Manager provides direct leadership to our team of HR Business Partners and Support Specialists.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Team Leadership
- Provides leadership and mentorship to the HR Operations team; empowers the Business Partners/Support Specialists and reinforces accountability for excellence in customer service, responsiveness to requests, building strong relationships, etc.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Responsible to ensure that efforts around employee recruitment, retention and internal/external job postings are performed to expectations.
- Continuous Improvement
- Ensure we are both leveraging our processes consistently across all departments and seeking to continuously improve business processes as appropriate, for example when metrics, data, and/or feedback points to areas of opportunity.
- Employee Relations
- Proactively addresses employee complaints/concerns and collaborates with Plant Leadership in a confidential and appropriately urgent manner.
- Total Rewards
- In partnership with the HR Business Partners/Support Specialists, will ensure Marvin's comprehensive total rewards package is well-communicated to all employees and that the HR Operations team is well-prepared to assist employees with related questions/needs.
- Compliance and Legal
- Maintain strong knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the HR department; will ensure policies, procedures, and reporting practices comply.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Present comfortably to large groups.
- Champion company values, promote culture and share the vision across the organization.
- Think differently/innovatively in response to challenges and opportunities; considered a change agent.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key contacts across the business.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a HR leadership role preferred; strong preference to candidates with a background of HR in manufacturing.
- Professional certification is strongly preferred (SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, etc.).