At Marvin, we have Careers – Built around you.™ We are a world-class designer and manufacturer of windows and doors that relies on our years of experience, advanced technology and the entrepreneurial spirit of our employees to continually expand our business. We are currently seeking a Cost Analyst for our window and door manufacturing plant located in South Florida.
As a Cost Analyst, you will be responsible for the reporting and cost analysis of product group materials and labor in addition to supporting and training plant management on budget preparation and process, cost systems, spending analysis, and variance tracking. Other areas of responsibility include working with the operations group on various project teams including, but not limited to, product development, product improvement, cost reduction, etc. and other special projects as needed within the accounting department.
- Support the Controller in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial accounting and reporting.
- Maintain standard cost system, including material costs, bills of material and routings, used for inventory valuation and providing a basis for manufacturing variance measurements
- Work with operations to report production and record inventory transactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Develop financial models to ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and productivity
- Perform project cost analysis and forecast actual costs and future commitments.
- Support plant management in the budgeting process and variance tracking
- Support and participate on various project teams including, but not limited to, product development, product improvement, cost reduction, etc.
- Other special projects as assigned
- 4-year accounting degree with understanding of U.S. GAAP
- 3 years of applicable work experience in manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven understanding of cost principles and how they apply to the major job functions
- Strong understanding of Cost Accounting principles
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications
- Proficient in Excel (Intermediate to Advanced User required)
Marvin began as a small-town, family-owned and operated company and has transformed into a premier company in the industry. Our employees are dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. Our values and work ethic are forged by the communities where we’re proud to live and work.
Marvin is a progressive company that is recognized across the nation for innovation, product quality, and the highest level of customer service. We offer a clean, safe, well-lit environment, team-oriented atmosphere, employee growth, development, and competitive wages with health, dental, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
Marvin has always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. If you share these core beliefs and are interested in joining our team, apply today!