Location: Roanoke, VA
At Marvin, we have Careers - Built around you! Join a company that knows the value of its employees and works with you to develop your career goals. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join the team at our Roanoke, VA location.
1st shift: 7:00am - 3:00pm Pay: Based on experience
- Managing and supervising the department, including: hiring, developing and training/cross training associates, appraising, disciplining, line balancing, and product prioritization, while constructing long range departmental strategies and making decisions that proactively affect the department and Marvin.
- Drive continuous improvement to meet objectives in equipment availability, capability, and operating cost.
- Use EAM platform to mange and analyze department's performance with regards to work orders and PM's, and labor efficiency.
- Establish short and long-term goals for department and manage department to meet them.
- Train and develop maintenance personnel to improve department competency.
- Support CEG and engineering on equipment installation and plant moves.
- Maintain a safe work environment by promptly correcting safety issues, delivering safety training, and driving safe practices.
- Provide feedback to engineering and management departments on maintenance status and troubleshoot as needed.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college/university in a related field preferred, or one to two years of related supervisory experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. Four years of mechanical experience preferred with an emphasis in automation and electrical training.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Human Resources Systems (Oracle); Enterprise Asset Management software (EAM) for CMMS; and the ability to write professional letters and business correspondence using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Problem solving, Project management
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Marvin began as a small-town, family-owned and operated company and has transformed into a premier company in the industry. Our employees are dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. Our values and work ethic are forged by the communities where we're proud to live and work.
Marvin is a progressive company that is recognized across the nation for innovation, product quality, and the highest level of customer service. We offer a clean, safe, well-lit work environment, team-oriented atmosphere, employee growth, development, and competitive wages with health, dental, 401K, and tuition reimbursement.
Marvin has always been dedicated to quality, service, innovation and enriching the spaces and places where people live and work. If you share these core beliefs and are interested in joining our team, apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Know someone who may be
perfect for this job? Share this on social media and let them know it's available.